Welcome to the 2018-2019 school year! I hope you are having a fantastic summer. The school year officially begins Monday, August 20th. As we plan on opening our doors for the 2018-2019 school year, I would like to answer a few of your questions regarding our campus.
- Manor Senior High School will house juniors (11th) and seniors (12th).
- If your child has earned a minimum of 12 credits, she/he will attend Manor Senior High School in August. MSHS currently does not have a working phone line, but if you have questions about your child’s credits, please contact the following Manor Senior HS counselors via email or you can contact Manor High School at 512.278.4800 to speak to a counselor or registrar.
- If your child was enrolled at Manor High School last year and has earned a minimum of 12 credits, you do not need to ‘enroll’ her/him at Manor Senior High School. All records have been transferred to MSHS (only exception is if you are required to apply annually to attend a MISD campus).
- All high schools are on the same bell schedule (9:15AM – 4:45PM).
- Your junior or senior will have the opportunity to attend “Prep Day” on August 15th to receive an unofficial schedule, take a photo for their student ID, tour the campus, and many more activities. [more information to come].
- Your child may travel to Manor High School for specific classes. This will be indicated on their “schedule”. They will receive an unofficial schedule during Prep Day and an official schedule on the first day of school.
- Bus route and shuttle information will be sent by MISD Transportation.
Our faculty is still on summer break; however, in a couple of weeks they will be hard at work to get classrooms, facilities, and more ready for students. I am proud and honored to begin my eleventh year as principal and my first year as the Manor Senior High School Principal.
I welcome you and your child(ren) to a campus filled with outstanding teachers and staff who genuinely care about students. There are a wide range of opportunities—both academic and co-curricular—at Manor Senior High School. I encourage you to get involved in our Parent/Teacher/Student Association (PTSA) and/or join one of our Booster Clubs. Your positive contributions to the school community will make a huge difference for yourself and our students. Each of us is ultimately responsible for creating the environment in which we would like to work and learn, and MSHS is a great place.
Our priorities will continue to encompass academics and safety. Please know that you are important contributors to our campus. I have an open-door policy and welcome your visits and phone calls. In order to make sure I give you the time you require, I recommend calling prior and scheduling an appointment. We have a tremendous team of faculty and staff members at MSHS—people who regularly go above and beyond the call of duty—who support all students, as well as each other. I am looking forward to having an outstanding year!
School Helpful Information for Getting Ready For the 2018-2019 School Year
- Attend Prep Days (Grade Level Specific). Refer to the Manor Senior HS webpage and calendar for specifics (http://mshs.manorisd.net/)
- Make sure all immunization records are up to date.
- Print out the MISD 2018-2019 School Year Calendar for holidays.
- Get involved. Join the PTSA and/or a Booster Club.
- Follow us on Twitter (@ManorSeniorHS) or Facebook (@Manorseniorhigh)
I am looking forward to our inaugural year and serving the Manor Community for years to come.
We Are Manor Senior High! #BlazingTheTrail
Dr. Aceves, Principal
- RIBBON CUTTING: Please join us for the official Ribbon Cutting & Open House event on Thursday, August 2nd (5:30PM – Opening Remarks)
- MEET THE TEACHER: August 14th from 6:30 – 7:30PM. We will begin promptly at 6:30 with a principal address in the gym and then parents will have the opportunity to meet the faculty.